Feb 12, 2011

It snowed!! :)

Today,Feb.11th was the National Day of Japan.(建国記念の日)
I'm very confident that to know more about my own country is one of the most important things. Sadly,many Japanese people seem like that they aren't really interested in our country. Well,I hope more and more Japanese people will feel we are Japanese ourselves,strongly. Loving our mother country is a natural thing,isn't it?


Anyway,I was surprised and pleased when I opened shutters. It was snowing in Yokohama!!
(This is the picture of our garden)
Whenever it snows I remember the snowy days when I was an elementary school student.
I used to have a snowball fight and did sledding with my friends. I wonder what my friends are doing right now. I'd like to have an alumni meeting someday. 
I was very happy,but it seemed my mom was a little bit gloomed by snow. She was born in Iwate-Prefecture(岩手県),where it snows a lot in winter. So she is kind of tired of snow. Although she doesn't like snow,she tried my dog,Maro to go walking. Maro was willing to do at first,but as soon as he got out our home,he wanted to be back. My mom gave up walking him.lol
I have one thing that I'm worrying. In snowy days,trains and buses in Kanto-Area(関東) don't work very well. They stop pretty often. Since I'm going to Tokyo and have small cultural exchange event with the international trainees and some of students of my school tomorrow,I'm worrying if the trains and buses will run as usual.


I wrote that I asked my grandpa to teach me calligraphy before. Today,I practiced it a little.
He advised the most important thing to improve the skills of calligraphy is just to write again and again. I decided to write the lyric of the Song of Yokohama-City to practice.
I love this song ever since I've learned and listened to it at my elementary school at first. This song was made in 1909 and its lyric was written by a Japanese famous novelist:Ogai Mori(森鷗外).
The lyric is written in old-Japanese with traditional-Chinese characters. But,no,that's why I love this song. It's a little hard to understand. Instead of it,I can feel the mood of Meiji Era(明治時代) :)
My skill of calligraphy is quite poor >< I'll keep practicing little by little as my grandpa advised. It would be really cool if I was good at calligraphy! 
Oh,if you are interested in how the Song of Yokohama is like,you can listen to it on YouTube.
Here is the clip.


I gotta go to bed. I hope the traffic will work tomorrow!!
Wish you have a nice weekend :)



3 comments:

  1. I think Japan is one of the most beautiful and colorful country,and I was surprised that some Japanese aren't interested in their country:O
    I can't understand,why? Other countries people envy you are Japanese(˙ ˙)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog make me feel peaceful, as I've been too busy with life ( mostly school and research project). Maybe I should start some blogging to bring people closer to mathematics(my field)... Anyway, nice blog, hope we can talk sometimes (if you do remember who I am).

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>Gulfmann
    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! :D

    >>Yukiji-san
    Well,I'm not really sure the reason why Japanese people aren't really interested in our own country. I guess,it's because Japan is too peace. Of course being peace is completely a good thing,on the other hand,they can't find the beauties of Japan. And also Japanese media seems like they hate Japan. The education of Japan also can be the reason,too. I'm sorry for my poor explanation >< There are too many reasons we can think.

    >>Khoa
    Thanks for visiting my blog! Please let me know when you make your own blog :D Yeah I hope we'll keep in contact,too!

    ReplyDelete